About Us

History of Grace episcopal church


One of the historic treasures of our community, the chapel of Grace Church was constructed in 1893 according to the "carpenter gothic" building plans used frequently in that era. Native cypress and heart pine form the fiber of the structure. The building's windows were originally filled with shaded and clear glass. These were later replaced (front and rear) near the turn of the 19th to 20th century when major building restoration was accomplished, the side memorial windows, crafted by Willet Studios, were added.

The structure was used as the primary worship space for a struggling congregation from 1893 through 1984. The growth of both parish and community in the latter decades of the 20th century led to construction of the adjacent worship center and, more recently, the Parish Life Center at the rear of the campus. The chapel currently houses weekday worship services and is the site for numerous weddings and funerals expecting less than 75 persons in attendance.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Meet our Staff:

Fr. Rick
The Rev. Rick Burhans, Rector
Rev. Susan
Rev. Susan M. McCaffrey, Deacon
Deacon Patricia
Rev. Patricia Longacre, Deacon
Sr. Warden
Gary Lincoln, Sr. Warden
Jr. Warden
Ron Jones, Jr. Warden

Carla, Office Administrator
Kim, Bookkeeper
Cliff, Sexton

To contact our staff: